My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Concerning the "Clean Up or Die" movement

Suffice it to say, I am disappointed and saddened by such an invasion in a community that is meant to promote one thing: LOVE for nail polish and art. Love should be the operative word here, but mayhap I am in the minority thinking this way.

I became a part of this community because it was a blessing (and relief!) to know that I wasn't alone in sharing this hobby, obsession, addiction...whatever you want to call it. Hehe. I've met incredibly generous and supportive women that have made my every day better because of their humor, their care, and their sharing of manis and polish love.

I am new to this world, and I am ignorant in that I do not have a lot of time to keep up with all that is going on. I hear of these things thanks to the women I treasure as friends, and it is appalling that such an atrocious (MY opinion only) speak out against those who are not as skilled are condemned by condescending remarks disguised as "helpful tips." Seriously? Does that make it any better? I think not.

Written language does not allow for facial expressions, intonation and inflection of voice, body language to aptly communicate a person's intention and meaning. Written language can be misconstrued, misunderstood. BUT, if one takes the time to read and re-read their words carefully before hitting the "Submit"/"Post" button, there leaves little room for misinterpretation. AGAIN, MY opinion only.

A lot of opinions have already been voiced regarding this matter, and this post won't be too much longer. I only wanted to have the opportunity to voice my own thought on this.

Mahalo nui loa for listening to my rambling. :-)

A hui hou, e malama pono,
Jo :-)

1 comment: